There is more consideration to buy a new duvet than you think. The offer is very big and the choice is not only determined by the dimensions. Do you go for a natural product or a synthetic quilt? Which format is the best? And what about the different between a single quilt and four-season duvet?
Which filling suits me?
- Perspire: You perspire a lot at night? Duvets (sheep) wool have a very good moisture and temperature regulation. Therefore, a woolen quilt is the best choice for your night perspiring.
- Ventilate: Down duvets are warm, but also well ventilated.
- Washing: You want a clean duvet? Synthetic quilts are the most easy to maintenance and can also be cleaned in the washing machine. While most feather and wool duvets can best cleaned by professionals.
- I want a nice light duvet: Down comforters are very light. According to the down comforter reviews, the higher the percentage of down, the lighter the duvet.
- I have a dust mite allergy: Then you can buy the best synthetic duvet. These quilts can be washed at high temperature in the washing machine. This makes the dust mite get away.
- Not expensive: Synthetic quilts ventilate less than other quilts, but they are the most economical.
The biggest advantage of a down comforter is the excellent insulation. The soft filling of down and feathers keep the air tight. A down comforter is warm, but also breathes very well. Down is always mixed with feathers. The higher the percentage of down, the lighter and smoother is the comforter. The percentage of down in the duvet (15% to 100%) is always stated as criteria for comforter’s quality. The best down comforter have between 65% and 95% of dow. The higher the percentage of down, the more expensive is the duvet. If the down is too much broken, the insulation ability decreases. Therefore preferably do not lie or sit on the comforter. +Very good insulation and good light -Pretty pricey Maintenance: Shake the duvet daily and leave it at least an hour at an open window. Do not use a carpet beater or vacuum cleaner, down and feathers can escape from the duvet. Cleanse: Down comforters can be best cleaned by professionals. There are also duvets which can go in the washing machine.
Duvet filled with wool have a very good moisture and temperature regulation. Therefore, a woolen quilt is the best choice for your night perspiring. The natural material can take 35 percent of its weight in moisture absorption without moist or damp on the cover. +Good moisture and dirt repellent -Relatively heavy material Maintenance: Air the duvet periodically in the open window or balcony, preferably in the morning when the air is still somewhat moist. In this way odors are removed from the duvet. Air the duvet not in full sun.Cleanse: Wool duvets are professionally cleaned only at the cleaners. If, however, the duvet is regularly aired, this in practice hardly is necessary.
Synthetic duvets are filled with micro fibers or hollow spheres (hollow fiber), usually made of polyester. People with dust mite allergy can buy the very best synthetic duvet. These quilts can be washed at high temperature in the washing machine. This makes the dust mite stay way. A synthetic quilt is not as breathable as the other types but instead is usually the cheapest option. +Light and very easy to maintain
-Ventilates less than other fillings Maintenance: Shake the synthetic duvet daily and let the air in for at least an hour at an open window Cleanse: Synthetic quilts can is machine washable at high temperature (sometimes even at 90 degrees) and dry quickly.
[Read more…] about Buy comforter- which suits me?